What to Wear to a Bridal or Baby Shower
First, a few simple rules/tips to keep in mind as you pick out your outfit for a bridal or baby shower.
1. You are not the guest of honor– don’t wear white to a bridal shower (or wedding just as a kind reminder). Don’t look prettier than the bride.
2. Tell the expectant mother her skin is glowing, her hair is amazing and she looks fabulous. Do not comment on “how well she’s carrying the weight.” She’ll immediately flash to what the scale said to her that morning.
3. When dressing for these occasions remember your audience– mothers, grandmothers, aunts, etc. Dress with purpose and class. This is not the time to try out your strapless mini dress.
4. Know the setting and theme, they’ll tell you a lot about what to wear. Morning brunch, afternoon garden party & happy hour are all slightly different when it comes to attire. Add a cardigan in the morning, wear color in the afternoon, consider more sophisticated, muted cocktail dresses and skip the 5″ heels in the evening.
5. Know the guest of honor. If you look fantastic, you’ll fade into her perfect fairytale. If you show up looking under-dressed, overly made up or sloppy she’ll remember– FOREVER!
Now for a sampling. We’ve grouped it into three easy categories to make sure you are dressed properly for each.
A classic sheath dress in a saturated color will take you far and can be dressed up or down, depending on the affair.
1- Kate Spade; 2- Black Halo
Pair an embellished cardi with cropped trousers for a polished but casual look (bonus points if you colorblock!)
3- Kate Spade, 4- Theory
For a dressier shower, this dreamy fabric and color are ideal. The classic cut and A-line skirt of the second dress will pair perfectly with bubbly when you are toasting the couple to be! 5- Tibi, 6- French Connection
Do you have any friends getting married or having a baby? Tell us what you are wearing in the comments below!
3 Responses to “What to Wear to a Bridal or Baby Shower”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.