What to Wear, What to Serve
Here we are again with What to Wear, What to Serve. From the founder of PREP Personal Chef Service Betsey Potter, this week we introduce you to Mussels with White Wine, Saffron and Garlic. Prepare this easy-to-make dinner recipe with an elegant beige chiffon dress and cuff bracelet. And voila, your date night is complete!
Mussels with White Wine, Saffron and Garlic
2 lbs de-bearded mussels
2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup diced shallots
2 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
1/3 tsp saffron threads
1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 cup dry white wine
Juice of half a lemon
S + P
1. In large stock pot, melt butter and heat olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add shallot and soften, about 5 min. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, another 3 min.
3. Add saffron, thyme sprigs, salt and wine. Bring to boil.
4. Add mussels (discarding any that do not pinch close when tapped on the counter) stir well, and cover pot.
5. Cook until shells have opened, about 8-10 min.
6. Top with parsley and squeeze lemon over the top.
7. Serve with big chunks of crusty bread.