Time to Toss?
8.15.2013 WRITTEN BY Camilla T+P Blog Central
Ah, the question we all ask ourselves when we peer into our closet and things have suddenly gotten completely out of hand.
The truth is, there is no quick answer. However, you can make things easier on yourself by running down a mental and visual checklist:
- Have I worn this particular item in the last 12 months? No? Time to move on…
- Is this a classic piece that has longevity (think the likes of Chanel blazers, pencil skirts, & peep toe pumps)?
- Does this still feel current, or is it a trend that has had its day?
- Is the garment still in tip top shape, or is it thread bare beyond wear?
- Does it fit???
- Is it flattering on (be honest with yourself!)?
As you move through the checklist and sort through your items, have boxes labeled and at the ready for the SELL, DONATE, TRASH items.
In no time flat, your closet will transform and feel updated and refreshed. So much so that even Cher Horowitz would approve!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.