Healthy Back to School Lunches For The Kids
Now that summer is over, it’s that time of year again. The kids are going back to school, which means making time every morning to out together the school lunches. Let’s be honest, having the same old peanut butter and jelly sandwich every day for an entire school year can get pretty repetitive… And the lunches they serve at school may not always be the healthiest option. Here are some quick and wholesome school lunch ideas to switch up the routine this school year:
1. A Strawberry and Cream Cheese Sandwich, sweet and tart. Sliced strawberries with some low-fat cream cheese on whole wheat sliced bread is an easy sandwich switch-up.
2. For an alternative to bread, try using whole wheat tortillas with turkey, provolone, lettuce, and low-fat dressing of choice. To make this a balanced meal, add grapes and bell pepper slices. For a little something extra, hummus is a healthy dip for whole wheat crackers and veggies.
3. A healthier twist on the popular kids’ school lunch of Lunchables, with mini pizzas your kids can put together at school. Use whole wheat pits bread, tomato sauce, and shredded mozzarella.
4. A sweet but healthy option is a peanut butter and banana, chia seed roll up. Using a whole wheat tortilla, spread peanut butter and scatter chia seeds across. Top off with sliced bananas and roll.
5. Another wrap lunch treat is the PB & A wrap. Spread peanut butter on a whole wheat tortilla, add chopped apples and crumbled granola. Roll up and enjoy!
For more ideas, check out our “Back to School” board on Pinterest
(Images via: Tog+Porter Pinterest)
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.