Beauty Travel Guide: How to Look Refreshed After a Long Flight
Flying anywhere these days comes with a lot of mixed emotions- on the one hand its exciting, on the other, it’s a huge pain in the butt. How many times have we all been packed and ready to go, vacation in sight, nothing to stop us… except the TSA, “Hang on a minute, you can’t bring your entire vanity in your carry-on mam”. Ugh. And god forbid your checked luggage gets lost. Well, there is a way to avoid this problem, it’s packing light. Knowing what to bring and packing only the essentials. Here are Tog+Porter’s tips for what to bring on your in flight carry-on:
1. First of all, and we’re sure you’ve heard it before, the most important thing you can do to feel refreshed after a long flight is to hydrate. That’s right, drink lots and lots of water. The circulated air in planes is dry, and dries your skin and hair- just ask the flight attendants, we’re sure they have some great tricks of their own.
2. Sleep. I you can, try to get some sleep on the flight. Now would be a great time to pop a melatonin or some kind of sleeping aid. The flight goes by faster and you’ll feel fresher.
3. Moisturize. When you are getting close to landing, take your 3.4 oz plastic bag of products to the bathroom. First, wash your hands or sterilize with hand sanitizer. Use a cleansing wipe to clean any in-flight grime off your face. Follow with a heavy moisturizer like Elizabeth Arden’s Eight Hour Cream. Next, follow with the makeup essentials ( for us its mascara, concealer and a blush/lip stain duo).
4. The extras. We like to brush our teeth (bring a bottle of water in with you to use, the water in the bathroom is not safe for consumption) and put on a bit of deodorant and perfume (a scented balm works well, as its not too strong to offend anyone sitting net to you and doesn’t take up room as a liquid).
5. Refresh. Spritz a little hydrating spray like Caudalie’s Beauty Elixir onto your face to give yourself a fresh and healthy glow. Lastly, follow with a hand cream.
Et voila! Fresh and radiant as ever! And all out of a carry-on bag 😉
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.