Beating the Winter Blues
It’s that time of year, we’re on the verge of spring, but it still feels miles away. You wake up in the morning and getting out of your warm bed is the last thing you want to do. You don’t feel like going to work, exercising, or socializing, you want to curl up on the couch, eat leftovers, mope and watch (insert t.v. show of choice) until you fall asleep. WELL… we understand. So here’s a few of our tips for beating the winter blues:
1. First off, remind yourself everyday, WINTER WILL BE OVER. That’s right, it won’t last forever. We promise. One day you are going to be sweating your a** off and thinking blissfully of Fall and big wool jackets, hot apple cider, crisp, cool air, and the holidays. Try to imagine it. Now remind yourself again that winter will be over soon.
2. Get Vitamin D. According to scientists everywhere, it does make a difference. Eat mushrooms, milk, cheese, fish and eggs. Eat a mushroom, salmon, and feta scramble. Pour a glass of milk over it (just kidding). Or take Vitamin D supplements.
3. Wear bright colors. Try color blocking, its chic and studies show wearing bright colors in winter help lift your mood.
4. Stay social. Go out for a drink with some friends, get lunch, get coffee. Drink a beverage of any kind with someone who’s company you enjoy. Go to a museum, go to a movie, go for a walk, go shopping. Getting out of the house and being with friends is one of the number one ways to lift your mood. Make the effort, put real pants on, and go have a good time.
5. Last but not least, treat yourself. If there’s something you like to do, do it. You could bake cupcakes and share them, take your dog for a walk, go to yoga, get your hair or nails done, etc… If you’ve been working hard and don’t relate to the leftover-eating, couch-surfing image above, put on a pair of sweats, grab the remote, and relax. Whatever it is you like to do, just do it.
How do you beat the winter blues? Tell us in the comment section below, we want to know!
(links via: Pinterest)
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.